Understanding IBS, SIBO, Gut Microbiome Dysbiosis & Leaky Gut
An Integrative Gastroenterologist Guides You to Empowerment
An e-Learning Course
William B. Salt II, M.D.
You're in the right place if you have:
- Abdominal pain and/or discomfort
- Gas (abdominal bloating, distention, flatulence, and noisy intestinal sounds)
- Bowel dysfunction, including constipation, diarrhea, or both
YOUR DIAGNOSIS OR DIAGNOSES
(either made by your health care professional(s) or you suspect yourself)
- IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
- SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth)
- Methane-Associated Constipation
- Carbohydrate Maldigestion (FODMAPs)
- Sucrose Intolerance
- Bile Acid Malabsorption (BAM)
- SIFO (small intestinal fungal overgrowth)
- Crohn's disease and Colitis (Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, or IBD)
Your symptoms and diagnosis or diagnoses are those of "enteropathy." Enteropathy is a disease, disorder, or condition related to your gut or gastrointestinal tract, and specifically, the small intestine, colon, or both.
There is a revolution - a renaissance - in the recognition and treatment of enteropathy. Sadly, most of you have not been diagnosed accurately, and most of you who do seek medical attention are not receiving state of the art care.
I CAN HELP YOU
I'm William B. Salt II, M.D., a board certified integrative gastroenterologist with over 40 years of experience caring for patients with enteropathy and teaching medical students, residents, and health care professionals.
- State of the art mainstream gastroenterology
- Mark Pimentel, MD's research, experience, and teaching
- Functional medicine (I attended the GI Advanced Practice Module 2016 and will attend 2018)
- Naturopathic medicine, including teaching by Allison Siebecker, ND and the SIBO SOS Summits, hosted by Shivan Sarna and Allison Siebecker
- Complementary and Integrative Health
IN THIS E-LEARNING PROGRAM, I WILL GUIDE YOU THROUGH YOUR MAP TO UNDERSTANDING.
e + e = E
educated and enlightened, you will be Empowered to become your own expert. Then you can take charge of your health and work collaboratively with caring professionals. You can then work together to arrive at your correct diagnosis or diagnoses and explore your many treatment options.
A PEEK AT YOUR MAP
I know this looks complicated and you can't read it, but I'll guide you through it slowly over the course of about 4 hours so you can solve the equation:
e + e = E
If you would like to take a brief tour of the map, scroll down to Course Curriculum and Introduction. Then click on:
Introduction to Your Map
Then click on Your Map and Your Big Picture
- Where do we come from? FREE TRIAL
- Enteropathy Symptoms FREE TRIAL
- What are we? FREE TRIAL
- Enteropathy Diagnosis FREE TRIAL
- Where are we going? About Your Guide (Me!) FREE TRIAL
- My Qualifications to be Your Guide to Understanding FREE TRIAL
- Complementary Health Approaches FREE TRIAL
- Where Are We Going? About You! FREE TRIAL
- Anatomy and Physiology 101 FREE TRIAL
- Anatomy and Physiology 102 FREE TRIAL
- Small Intestine, Colon, or Both: Source of Enteropathy FREE TRIAL
- Where Are We Going? Your Map! FREE TRIAL
- Enteropathy Graphics FREE TRIAL
- Introduction to Your Map FREE TRIAL
- e + e = E FREE TRIAL
- Where Are We Going? Your Big Picture! FREE TRIAL
- Your Map and Your Big Picture! FREE TRIAL
William B Salt II MD
About Your Guide
I'm an M.D. graduate of The Ohio State University and board certified in internal medicine and gastroenterology, trained at Vanderbilt University Hospitals, where I also served as a chief resident in medicine. I've had a life-long career interest in IBS and most recently the commonly associated dysfunction of the GI tract (gut) microbiome called, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO). I have over 40 years of experience caring for patients, teaching medical students and residents in training, and educating other doctors.
Here's my Curriculum Vitae, if you would like to see more details about me:
Here's my website that describes my clinical practice: